Wednesday, June 6, 2007

What's wrong with one more?

Tonight's cohort class went really well. Jodi and I have to miss the 26th and 28th, so we have to have all of our work completed by the 21st. We started planning our digital video assignment and everything seemed to move along very smoothly. I had the giggles all night long. Isn't there some kind of saying "when you laugh too much, watch out, you might be crying later?"

When I got home tonight, I had a phone call from an owner of one of my puppies from my only litter of bloodhounds. I had been keeping her dog temporarily while she figured out her home situation. She has to give the dog back after 7 years.

Yes, I wrote my contracts so that IF the owner needed to find another home for one of my puppies, I was to get the dog back so that I could place it.

He is a wonderful, sweet, 7 year old house dog. That is the problem, he is a house-couch sleeping-people dog...We are not used to this, our 4 bloodhounds don't spend night and day with us, they live in a barn and hang around the house a little. I can't put this dog in a barn. I haven't the heart.

So while I'm stressed out over my school work, I have this dog to worry about. It's not like I needed another issue in my life. Why does this happen? Anybody want a dog? Need a companion? Have a friend that needs a friend?

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I am done with dogs! I know that it must be hard to think about having a house doggy...maybe someone will read your blog...add a few more details.

I agree using a Wiki is so much easier than trying to collaborate through email.

Natalie's Google Account said...

Good luck with finding a home for your dog. I think it is amazing that you write such a loving responsibility into your contract. I can't imagine myself being willing to take a dog back into my life after he/she has been with another family. Maybe someone will read about the dog and want him. I wish I could say that I would get one for my son, but he will be leaving for college in a year... leaving me to dog sit.

Katrina said...

Hope the doggie is doing better!

What a great idea including everyone's links on your page!

Marc Smith said...

Oh the dog days of summer . . . I am longing for a home where I can lounge on the couch and cuddle in the bed. Maybe I need a new agent to rework my contract. Hey, need another "dog"?

If your feeling stressed out, check out my blog: www.balddaddiesbabblings.blogspot.com